- Resources & Events
- Industry Trends
- eMobility Fluids
- Passivation Pathways
In this article, Afton Chemical explores how conventional lubricants contribute to copper corrosion and how the right eFluid formulation can protect copper to preserve vital component integrity. Detailed molecular understanding, application knowledge and relevant testing jointly determine the best copper passivation pathways for EV performance and reliability. New in-house tests have allowed Afton to evaluate how different eFluids help to reduce dendrite formation and improve component performance.
Featured in the July 2022 edition of Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology International Magazine.
Recently Published Insights
- Hybrid Theory
- eMobility Fluids, a Podcast with Lubrication Experts
- Driving Efficiency
- Afton Supports Pioneering Direct-Cooled Power Electronics
- Re-evaluating Hybrid Fluid Chemistries
- From Insight to Foresight
- Cool Collaborations
- The Future of eMobility, a podcast with ABN Resource
- Electrified transmission fluid design
- Why lubricant electrical properties matter
- eMotor cooling benefits from OEM partnership
- Shifting Priorities
- Fear of the Unknown
- The Power of Cool
- Keeping Your Balance
- eMobility Glossary of Terms
- Formula for change
- Formula for Success
- eAxle Performance
- New Age Fluid Testing
- eMobility: Not the end of the road
- Afton Chemical launches HiTEC® 35701
- VIDEO: Afton Chemical presents eMobility and Future Lubricants
- eMobility: What's in an eAxle?
- eMobility: Cool Technology
- A Key You Cannot Pick Up
- eMobility: are you on the CASE?
- Afton Chemical presents Oils and Electric Motors (eMotors)
- Made in China: energizing the export market
- Chemistry is Everything
- ILSAC GF-7: Timing is Everything
- Introducing the New Wind Turbine Microbotz® Guide
- Make your switch to calcium sulphonate grease a success
- Are you copper confident?
Get More Information
We have support specialists that can get you more information on unique industry content.