Afton offers multifunctional performance for wear and EP protection. And we also offer tackifiers, typically used to improve adhesion and retention on working surfaces.
Afton Chemical has become a global leader in the technology of slideway lubricants - the medium used to move heavy equipment and slide precise machine tools.
We’ve mastered the challenges of frictional properties to minimize resistance and shuddering, and we’ve learned how to deal with contamination from water based coolants.
What’s more, our Darmstadt rig – the only one in the world – allows us to simulate real life conditions to keep us at the forefront of friction technology testing.
Since many operations use the slideway lubricant to lubricate associated gears and hydraulics, we offer multifunctional performance for wear and EP protection. And we also offer tackifiers, typically used to improve adhesion and retention on working surfaces during machinery shut-down periods. These are particularly important for vertical slideways.
Our additives are soluble in a wide range of base oils and base oil combinations with appropriate brightstock and thickeners, and we’re able to meet most OEM and all standard industry specifications.
Unboxing the Industrial Microbotz Guides
Receive a Set of the Current Guides
To receive a set of the current Guides published so far in the series, as well as future publications and updates, please click here.
- The scientists in our research facilities are focused on bringing solutions to our slideway customers with their strong fundamental understanding of friction
- We have world class manufacturing facilities dedicated to slideway additive production
- You can count on our efficient global supply chain
- Our OEM representatives in every region are focused on evolving trends in machine tools and friction materials and offer valuable insight to our customers
- Our established hydraulic and gear expertise brings added strength to multifunctional performance
- We have extensive friction testing capability, including the Darmstadt rig