- Long lived frictional performance
- Promotes smooth clutch engagement without chatter
- Minimizes NVH associated with momentary cyclic torque loss
- Satisfies torque/power requirements necessary for modern vehicles
- Friction coefficient level maintained over life of fluid for good torque transfer
- Laboratory and field performance tested in a variety of axles and friction surfaces
Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 397 is a top-treat additive for gear oils designed to impart frictional characteristics needed by limited slip axles. It has been optimized to bring the required friction performance needed in modern limited slip axles which otherwise would exhibit squawking or other noises discernable by the driver. The product may be used as an aftermarket top-treat, or may be incorporated into the gear oil at the blend site.
Treat rate depends on the specific axle and on the gear oil being treated. For top-off type performance, treat rates around 0.5% wt. may be used. For problem type applications where other limited slip oils do not give the required performance, treat rates of up to 6.5% wt. have been successfully used. Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Shelf Life: 24 months @ ambient temperature