In this article, Afton Chemical explores how conventional lubricants contribute to copper corrosion and how the right eFluid formulation can protect copper to preserve vital component integrity. Detailed molecular understanding, application knowledge and relevant testing jointly determine the best copper passivation pathways for EV performance and reliability. New in-house tests have allowed Afton to evaluate how different eFluids help to reduce dendrite formation and improve component performance.
Featured in the July 2022 edition of Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology International Magazine.
- Afton Chemical presents eMobility Fluids published by Transmission Technology International Magazine
- High-efficiency, low-risk electrified transmission fluid
- Afton Chemical GDI presentation at CGSB meeting
- Unlocking premium hydraulic fluid potential with zinc-free additive technology
- Targeting eAxle efficiency through additives