- Fully meets the license and approval requirements of the ILSAC GF-5 and API SN specifications and has GM endorsement for approval against the dexos 1™ Gen 2 specification in selected formulations
- Delivers enhanced performance in the areas of wear, cleanliness and fuel economy in the latest TGDI engine designs, exceeding the capabilities of market GF-5 oils
- Provides protection against the potential for pre-ignition in TGDI designs, fully meeting both the currently defined OEM requirements and the anticipated future industry performance targets
Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 11180 is a new additive technology formulated to exceed the performance requirements of the current ILSAC GF-5 specification and address the enhanced performance demands of the latest turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDI) engine designs. These engines represent a more severe application for the lubricant as they:
- Produce abrasive soot which can contribute to increased engine wear
- Run hotter, producing an increased tendency to form performance limiting deposits
- Have the potential for severe engine damage as a result of combustion pre-ignition
The current ILSAC GF-5 quality oils in the market may not adequately address all of these new performance demands and HiTEC® 11180 has been developed specifically to ensure optimum protection for TGDI designs.
HiTEC® 11180 continues to fully meet the licensed requirements of both ILSAC GF-5 and API SN specifications. In addition, HiTEC® 11180 can be used to meet the latest GM dexos 1™ Gen 2 approval requirements in selected approved formulations. For specific details of the range of licensed formulations that can be supported with this technology platform please contact your Afton Chemical representative.
HiTEC® 11180 is used at 10.1% wt. to formulate all recommended grades and approved oils. Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific formulation recommendations.