- Wide military approval
- Approved for DEF STAN 91-91 use and listed in QPL 68-251
- Commercial aircraft engine approvals including General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce & Allison
- More detailed approval list available on request
- Suitable in pipelines designed for the transportation of light petroleum products
- Minimises corrosion and formation of corrosion products
- Minimises risk of pipeline filter and pump blockages due to products of corrosion
- Good low temperature properties and relatively high flash point permitting ease and safety of application
- Provides lubricity protection for light distillate
- Protects against catastrophic failure caused by excessive wear
- Reduces corrosion
Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 580 is an industry recognised corrosion inhibitor and lubricity improver designed and approved for use in jet fuel, pipeline applications and stationary gas turbines.
Max Handling Temp: 40˚C (102°F)
Shelf Life: Please refer to your supplied Certificate of Analysis or consult your local Afton representative
HiTEC® 580 additive is approved for jet fuel specifications at a minimum treat-rate of 15mg/l and a maximum of 23mg/l.
The treat-rate for HiTEC® 580 additive as a corrosion inhibitor will vary based upon its use. When used in a pipeline as a first fill an initial treat-rate 22.5 g/m3 is recommended, followed by continuous treatment at a dosage of 6–9 g/m3.
HiTEC® 580 additive should be used in stationary gas turbines at a treat-rate of 150µl/l to provide maximum protection.