HiTEC® 9890 is a passenger car engine oil additive developed by Afton Chemical to meet ILSAC GF-5/ API SN and API SM performance needs
Key Performance Benefits
- Simplified logistics:
- With pour-point depressant imbedded.
- Single additive package that delivers the latest API SN/ILSAC GF-5 specs, and yet taking care of existing API SM market trends.
- Blending optimization:
- With base stock coverage that includes Group II and Group III base stocks.
- Viscosity index improver options of HiTEC® 5754A (35 SSI) or HiTEC® 5751(50 SSI).
- Rigorous quality that is API licensable* for API Certification Mark & API Service Symbol “Donut”.
- Delivering excellent results going beyond API SN/ ILSAC GF-5 specification limits in regards to oxidation stability, piston cleanliness, wear protection and fuel economy.
* Please contact your Afton sales representative for specific formulation recommendations for API License matters.
For API SN and ILSAC GF-5, the recommended treat rate for HiTEC® 9890 is 8.5% wt in appropriate Group II or Group III base stocks, with no additional PPD required. For API SM, the recommended treat rate for HiTEC® 9890 is 7.9% wt in appropriate Group II or Group III base stocks, with no additional PPD required.