HiTEC® 9387/88 Series
Key Performance BenefitsHiTEC® 9388X is a cost-effective and field-proven engine oil performance additive for use in Passenger car applications meeting ACEA 2012 requirements. It enables the lubricant blender to provide both value and reassurance to the end-user in this competitive economic mainstream sector for older vehicles.
Standard Profile: ACEA A3/B3-12, A3/B4-12, API SL, MB 229.1
Through the use of a booster, HiTEC® 9552, an upgraded performance profile is also attainable. A single package option HiTEC® 9388Y is also now available for logistic simplicity
Upgraded profile: ACEA A3/B3-12, A3/B4-12, API SN, MB 229.1, Renault RN 0700
HiTEC® 9387X continues to be available for ACEA A3/B3-12, MB 229.1 performance level only. As above HiTEC® 9387Y a single package option is also available to meet API SN for logistic simplicity.
To aid logistical flexibility to meet both ACEA categories cost-effectively, the performance of HiTEC® 9388X is also achieved using a booster approach, HiTEC® 9559, which is added to HiTEC® 9387X.
- HiTEC® 9388X is ready for ACEA 2012 and upgraded from over 9 years of field-proven technology
- Provides confidence with Biodiesel, where field trial data demonstrates a significant advantage in piston cleanliness
- Delivers “future-proof” technology through ACEA 2012, meaning no further change required until at least 2016, minimising logistics and approval costs
- Continues to deliver cost-effective options for both ACEA performance levels
- Targeted marketing optimises cost and return - avoids “cost give-away”
- Cost-effective formulation and logistical simplicity through widely- available components and VM flexibility
PositioningHiTEC® 9388X continues to be the cost-effective additive solution for the significant older passenger car market in Europe. Afton offers a range of flexible solutions to meet your logistical needs.
ACEA A3/B3 provides the basic category for ALL gasoline and most older Diesel vehicles - Best solution for the older vehicle mass market.
ACEA A3/B4 provides a further performance upgrade for Direct Injection Diesel engines and covers ACEA A3/B3 requirements - Best solution for markets where Diesel car parcs dominate.
Recommended DosageThe recommended treat rates are as follows:
HiTEC® 9388X – ACEA A3/B4-12 @ 11.2%
HiTEC® 9388Y – ACEA A3/B4-12 @ 11.4%
HiTEC® 9387X – ACEA A3/B3-12 @ 10.4%
HiTEC® 9387Y – ACEA A3/B3-12 @ 11.0%
HiTEC® 9559 Booster @ 1.1%
HiTEC® 9552 booster @ 0.2%