ApplicationHiTEC® 5835B olefin-based Viscosity Index Improver polymer is recommended for use in the manufacture of liquid NCOCP VI Improvers for use in formulating crankcase and industrial oils.
Key Performance BenefitsHiTEC® 5835B is a solid amorphous olefin copolymer designed for use as a Viscosity Index Improver for passenger car and heavy duty engine oils.
HiTEC® 5835B provides a broad range of customer benefits:
- Excellent balance between shear stability and thickening power efficiency
- Excellent low temperature properties
- Applicable in a wide range of base oils
- Solid form - easy to dissolve in base oils
- Covers key approvals, including dexos 1TM when used with the appropriate performance package
Recommended DosageHiTEC® 5835B may be dissolved in a wide range of base oils from 9.5% to 10.5% wt. to produce a liquid Viscosity Index Improver.
Handling InformationMax Dissolving Temp: 150°C with nitrogen blanketing
Shelf Life: 60 months @ ambient temperature