- Delivers cost-effective performance
- Compatible with all commonly used diesel fuel additives
- Proven ‘no harm’ performance through DGMK approval and millions of vehicle miles use
- Multi-product pipeline approved by CEPMA and UFIP
Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 4140A Refinery and Distribution Fuel Additive is a highly effective solution for lubricity improvement in diesel fuels. Sulphur levels in diesel fuel are being reduced worldwide to improve vehicle emissions and enable advanced exhaust treatment systems. Reducing sulphur levels significantly diminishes the inherent lubricity characteristics of a fuel.
Vehicle manufactures typically consider the lubricating properties of a diesel fuel with less than 350 ppmv sulphur to be unacceptable, however the exact level will vary depending on crude and processing. To ensure that a diesel fuel is fit for purpose, minimum performance criteria have been introduced to specifications. For example:
- EN590 specifies a maximum 460 μm wear scar diameter by HFRR
- ASTM D975 specifies a maximum 520 μm wear scar diameter by HFRR
HiTEC® 4140A restores lubricity characteristics via a mono-acid technology that has successfully demonstrated performance for millions of vehicle miles. Today it is estimated that two thirds of all lubricity additive used is mono-acid based and market share continues to grow world-wide.
The treat-rate of HiTEC® 4140A will be dependent on the severity of the fuel. Afton Chemical recommends using HFRR test method CEC F-06-A-96 or similar to determine specific treat-rates for your application. Typical treat-rates are in the range of 30 to 150 ppmv.
Max Handling Temp: 50˚C
Shelf Life: 48 months at ambient temperature