- Strong ISOT performance in TAN increase and lacquer control
- Heavy-duty axle applications
- Manual transmission applications
- Meets Japanese OEM requirements for thermal stability
- EP durability by 4-Ball data on oxidized oil
Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 1509 thermally stable universal gear oil additive is based on sulfur-phosphorus chemistry. It has been developed to meet the thermal stable requirements for Japanese heavy-duty automotive hypoid axle and manual transmission applications.
The recommended dosage for HiTEC® 1509 is 7.0% wt. to meet API GL-S, though dosage is dependent on the base stock and viscosity targets. Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Max Handling Temp: 60°C
Shelf Life: 12 months