HiTEC® 350 gear oil additive is a cost effective multifunctional gear oil additive designed to produce lubricants for use in automotive and industrial applications. HiTEC® 350 can also be used to formulate cost effective industrial gear, rock drill, grease and other industrial lubricants.
Key Performance Benefits
- Multifunctionality allows inventory rationalization and simplifies handling, logistics and formulation
- Excellent compatibility with commonly used seal materials
- Exceptional EP protection and durability
- Improved copper-corrosion protection
- Tolerates moderate contamination
- Strong demulsibility and foam suppression
- Excellent storage stability
- Soluble in Group I and Group II base stocks
Gear oils formulated with HiTEC® 350 at a dosage of 5.25% wt. (4.5% vol.) in suitable basestocks meet the performance requirements of API GL-5 and MIL-L-2105D (now obsolete).
A dosage of 2.6% wt. (2.2% vol.) of HiTEC® 350 is recommended for API GL-4 performance.
At a dosage of 1.5% wt. (1.3% vol.) industrial lubricants formulated with HiTEC® 350 have met the following specifications and claims in a wide variety of base stocks and ISO grades:
- AIST 224; AGMA 9005-E02; Cincinnati Machine; DIN 51517: 3; GM LS-2
Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Max Handling Temp: 40°C
Shelf Life: up to 12 months @ 25°C