Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 5091M additive is an ashless, multifunctional additive for the formulation of premium performance slideway oils, hydraulic fluids and industrial gear lubricants.
HiTEC® 5091M additive enables the formulation of oils with outstanding cutting fluid compatibility and imparts wear, oxidation and corrosion resistance to lubricants. The incorporation of a highly effective friction modifier ensures the correct frictional characteristics for machine tool slideway performance. The product has a mild odour.
HiTEC® 5091M additive benefits include:
- Outstanding cutting fluid compatibility
- Excellent frictional characteristics
- Potential for energy savings
- Lubricant user benefits resulting from reduced inventories
- Multifunctional performance slideway, hydraulic and industrial gear applications
- Hydraulic performance which includes excellent wet/dry filterability and Brugger performance to meet the hydraulic requirement of Müller Weingarten
- Approved against former Fives P-47, P-50 and P-53 specifications
The recommended dosage for HiTEC® 5091M additive is 2.25% wt. Where tackiness is required, the addition of HiTEC® 151 or HiTEC® 152 is recommended. Treat-rate my vary depending on base stock. Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Recommended Handling Temp: 40˚C
Shelf Life: 12 months at ambient temperature