Key Performance Benefits
HiTEC® 4705E metal de-activator is highly effective for use in diesel and gasoline as well as domestic heating oil. HiTEC® 4705E additive is also approved for military jet fuel applications.
HiTEC® 4705E additive is designed to reduce the catalytic effect of trace metals such as copper, zinc and vanadium & will deliver the following benefits:
- Reduction in the formation of undesirable gums, sediments and polymers
- Enhanced stability of treated fuels
- Forms part of an optimised antioxidant package
- Improved thermal stability of jet fuels as measured by the JFTOT test
HiTEC® 4705E chemistry is approved by:
- DEF-STAN 91/91 ISSUE 6
HiTEC® 4705E additive is based on N,N-disalicylidene propylenediamine and is a 50% dilution in aromatic solvent. The dilution minimises crystallisation of the active material at low ambient temperatures. The recommended treat-rate is 10 ppmv for most applications but this may vary depending on the type of fuel to be treated. Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Max Handling Temp: 50˚C
Shelf Life: 36 months at ambient temperature
* If stored at ambient temperatures below 20°C, HiTEC® 4705E may need to be heated.