HiTEC® 18051 is designed for winter use as part of an overall premium heating oil program. It is designed for adequate fluidity when stored above 20°F and is formulated with a proprietary blend of cold flow improvers, wax nucleators, wax anti-settling agents, and heavy wax modifiers. It also includes a glycol ether deicer for freeze up protection.
HiTEC® 18051 also helps prolong the storage stability of heating oil and reduce fuel system corrosion. It is formulated to inhibit various fuel degradation reactions common in heating oil, especially as the use of less stable, catalytically cracked blending components becomes more common. By retarding the natural degradation process and reducing the catalytic effect of any copper, bronze, or brass components in the fuel system, the “shelf life” of the heating oil is extended. This helps protect the furnace from performance robbing deposit formation. HiTEC® 18051 is comprised entirely of ashless organic compounds and contains no alcohol.
HiTEC® 18051 is recommended for use at 1 quart per 250 gallons of #2 heating oil (1000 ppm). It is safe for use in all heating oil systems. It should be added to the storage tank prior to topping the tank with fresh fuel. As with any fuel additive, exercise care by handling HiTEC® 18051 in well ventilated areas while wearing proper eye and skin protection. Refer to MSDS for more specific information.
This product has been specially formulated for use in today's modern diesel fuels and typical biodiesel blends. Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for more information.
Key Performance Benefits
- Improves low temperature handling in a wide range of heating oils by lowering the pour point without reducing the fuel’s energy content
- Helps prevent fuel line freeze up or fuel filter icing by depressing the freeze point of any free water
- Helps keep nozzles clean for more efficient furnace operation, maximizing energy output from the fuel
- Stabilizes fuel and minimize sludge formation, which is often the cause of filter and nozzle plugging
- Control fuel system corrosion, reducing the formation of rust and scale, which can damage fuel pumps and plug screens and filters
- Minimizes emergency “no heat” service calls, reducing the heating oil distributor’s service costs and improving customer loyalty
Please contact your Afton Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Max Handling Temp: Please inquire
Shelf Life: 24 months